Digital entrepreneurs often struggle to clearly and effectively communicate their concepts. Whether it’s a VC pitch, an interview with a reporter or simply writing a decent tweet, many start-ups suffer from confusing and contradictory messaging.
Jon offers 5 powerful rules for discovering the words that work and shares a simple day-to-day plan for putting them to use. Citing examples from emerging start-ups in travel, gaming, retail and more, Jon explains how every start-up leader should create content with these rules in mind:
- Start with purpose
- Remember that people are interesting (and everything else is not)
- Tell a story with a beginning, middle, and end
- Listen to your conversation partner
- Reduce, re-use and recycle
Jon also explains how to put these principles in action by walking through a day in the life of a busy start-up CEO.
- Identifies common causes of bad messaging
- Defines benchmarks for success
- Delivers concrete, actionable advice that any participant can put into effect immediately