The past few years have seen a tremendous interest in systemizing the design work we do on the web. It seems like each day a large company releases a website explaining their design system. Through Sparkbox’s involvement in many design system implementation and integrations, we’ve gained a curiosity about these systems leading us to creating the 2018 Design Systems Survey. In this presentation, Ben will share some key takeaways from the research we continue to conduct in this space.
We’ll answer the following questions:
- How should you sell a design system internally?
- What is and isn’t working in design system integrations?
- What is the biggest challenge in this work?
- What is the most valuable result of a good design system?
- How should you get started on your system?
- When is a design system not the right choice?
This talk is for you if:
- You’re not sure what this design system stuff is all about.
- You’ve heard the chatter, but not had a chance to fully dive in.
- You’re struggling through a design system implementation.
- You don’t see the value in a design system.
- You’re a veteran of design system work, and want to learn how it’s impacting the industry.
- You manage a team responsible for a design system.
Ben will also be around after to discuss any specific concerns or examples you may have. Mention him on Twitter (@bencallahan) and find a time to chat!